Sunday, January 24, 2010

New project - 122 Amazon Wagon

So I'd been looking on and off for a while for a replacement for my Pontiac. I found a Volvo 122s Wagon where the body is in pretty good shape. The previous owner had blown the B18B engine that was original to the car and replaced it with a B20B from a 144. Nice upgrade, more power.


I don't really trust work done by others (aside from the fact that nearly every nut, bolt and screw on this car is lose) when it comes to mechanical work. I'm going through the critical systems, engine, ignition, brakes, engine wiring, suspension, etc to make sure that all is good. I'm going to check out he oil and water pumps, adjust valves & replace gaskets and hoses.



This weekend I adjusted the valves. Cold should be 0.50mm to 0.55mm (go/no-go) most of the valves were in the range of 0.95 to 1.05mm - pretty far out. This should bring them back in line.

Next - gaskets & hoses then I'll drop the oil sump for some inspection.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a manly engine-tuning man! Can't wait to see you driving this all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete