Thursday, February 11, 2010

The more I tear into the car the more I find to fix (go figure). I saw a hornets nest in the headlight bucket and the headlight was aimed a bit weird so I worked on it. All 4 screws broke off...... now I have to drill and extract them without damaging the body nut.


I've installed the new IPD timing cover with neoprene seal - very nice indeed. I'd certainly like to ensure that I eliminate as many oil leaks as possible before making this a daily driver.



Status so far...

* Replaced timing cover
* Started tracing out electrical issues and repairing as I find them. Mostly bad end and but connections.
* I tried to replace the oil sump gasket but I have to either remove the transmission or pull the engine completely out. I lifted it but the oil pump and the frame cross member prevents removal. DOH!
* I pulled out the front seats and started working on electrical under the dash
* While under the car I found that the suspension bushings are completely shot and some are missing... IPD to the rescue....
* When I bought the car it came with dual SU carbs installed. It also came with Stombergs AND with the Weber DGV kit (this kit is valued at nearly $600!). Since dual carbs can be a pain to get and keep tuned, I'll rebuild the Weber and install the kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment